I AM ART 2016 SE LUZ
Athentikos is recruiting team members for I AM ART 2016 Se Luz in Guatemala. We are partnering with Se Luz and TEN FE. They will host an I AM ART camp at a local church. Space is limited and applications will be selected in the order they are received.
Are you passionate about creativity? Do you paint, write, draw, dance, sculpt, sew, act, sing, perform … etc? Do you have creative media skills in video, audio, or photography? Are you interested in using your talents to make a difference?
Join an I AM ART trip to use creativity with purpose and help people in need.
The 10 day I AM ART trip includes:
- 2 days of team building and creative exploration
- 5 days of teaching workshops at an art camp
- Art Show with the community
- Sight seeing
You don’t have to be a professional.
Athentikos will equip you to teach creative workshops to at-risk children, and document transformational stories in photo and video. You don’t have to be a professional. Bring your skills, and passion to use them with purpose in a 10 day trip. Invite your friends and join the journey of transformation! Connect to the greater story, exercising the gifts you love!
I AM ART trips are life changing, creative, cultural, and spiritual journeys.
- Friday – Travel to Guatemala and spend the night in Antigua, a 500 year old Spanish Colonial City surrounded by three volcanoes.
- Saturday – Get to know team members, explore, and spend another night in Antigua
- Sunday – Travel to the I AM ART Camp location, meet with local leaders, and prepare the facility for the week-long camp
- Monday-Thursday – Attend large group sessions, Teach small group session workshops to at-risk youth, and spend time with Artist Team Members from North America and Guatemala
- Friday – Teach a final small group workshop session, prepare for a celebratory art show and visit the surrounding community to get a cultural understanding of the children’s lives
- Saturday – Celebrate the week’s achievement in an Art Show with youth and community and spend the afternoon sightseeing in Guatemala City
- Sunday – Return home or travel on an optional excursion to Lake Atitlan in Guatemala
Encourages youth involvement with various community service projects, demonstrating service to Christ through service to others in Santiago Sacatepequez, Guatemala.
Since it’s inception in 2006, Se Luz has ministered to over 120 youth in Santiago Sacatepequez, Guatemala. In that time they have completed close to 100 volunteer youth service projects including:
- Paint public schools and/or churches
- Lay concrete for recreation or floors of buildings
- Roofing for houses and/or churches
- Food staples delivery
- House construction
- Fence construction
- Clearing land to prepare for construction
- Roof building at the Santiago Fire Station
- Connecting city water to isolated areas
Besides service projects, Se Luz youth have weekly meetings for fellowship, devotions, soccer, food, and project planning.
Se Luz works with the Santiago Police Force, Fire Department, Justice of the Peace, and other community partners (business and faith leaders) to to ensure safety and success toward our goal of reaching youth for Christ through servanthood.
- To provide poor and underprivileged children with the fees and materials necessary to attend public school in Guatemala.
- To provide orphaned children with these same resources, as well as food and shelter.
- To establish a school/community center in Santiago for poor, underprivileged children and orphans. We envision a place where, after a full day of learning school, kids can participate in enriching activities in a safe environment. These might include making local crafts, using technology, learning English, meeting with a tutor, or just playing soccer and having fun. We want to provide a safe environment that not only focuses on the educational development of the children, but also provides healthy meals and an alternative to roaming the often dangerous streets.
- To help children believe in their futures.
(aka Art Ninja)
(aka Art Ninja)
Are you creative? Do you love exploring stories? Here’s your chance to lead at-risk youth through a 5 day creative workshop using the Athentikos I AM ART Curriculum Guide. (Athentikos will help develop your lesson plans)
Want to help change the world through creative arts, but not sure you want to lead a workshop? Here’s the role for you. You’ll assist workshop leaders in teaching creative workshops and changing lives … including yours.
Do you enjoy problem solving, managing information? The Logistics coordinator is the person who wrangles all of the details during the week-long art camp to help maximize the impact for the team. Requires organized and detail oriented individual who is compatible with a degree of flexibility … because … let’s face it, we can’t control everything …
Are you rarely seen without a camera in hand? Do you consider blog writing better then sliced bread? Do you love documenting inspiring stories that make a difference? The Story Teller works with the Athentikos production team to capture and honor the stories of transformation during the I AM ART trip.
Prior to the trip, Athentikos will meet with you personally and in community with other I AM ART team members to equip you with everything you need to use creativity in mission including:
- Explore your story and evaluate how it connects to the Greater Story
- Understand the cultural and spiritual context of the trip
- Introduce you to other like-minded creatives from North America and Guatemala to foster community
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan using our media and crowd-funding platform
- Promote your trip through strategic social media
- Prepare lesson plans for a 5 day workshop using our curriculum guide
- Research and pre-produce stories for short documentaries
- Select the right media gear for international production
- Pack strategically for a short-term vision trip
Athentikos is a 501c3 non-profit and can accept tax-deductible donations on your behalf. In addition, all I AM ART team members are offered a personal crowd-funding campaign similar to Kickstarter through our web site. We’ll coach you through the fundraising process and provide the resources you need to communicate your opportunity to grow and serve, including our films about Guatemala.
Every team member who has wanted to join an I AM ART trip has been able to raise funding to cover costs. You do not have to pay for the trip out of your pocket. If you have questions, please contact us.
|December 17, 2015||Open Registration|
|February 1, 2016||Close Registration|
|February 3, 2016||Finalize Team|
|February 5, 2016||Initial Deposit Due ($150)|
|February 10, 2016||Begin Fundraising & Connect Campaigns|
|April 10, 2016||Complete Funding Due ($1000 + airfare) optional addition: approximately $300 for 3 day excursion to Lake Atitlan at end of trip|
|April 17, 2016||Purchase Airfare|
|April 18, 2016||Begin Lesson Plan Development|
|May 18, 2016||End Lesson Plan Development|
|June 3, 2016||All Materials Gathered|
|June 17, 2016||Depart for IAA Trip|
|June 26, 2016||Return from IAA Trip|
|July 6, 2016||End Fundraising and Reconcile Personal Funds|
- $150 non-refundable deposit is due on February 5, 2016 after official teams are announced.
- Total Cost ($1000 + airfare) is due on April 10, 2016. Note: If you decide to take the optional excursion to Lake Atitlan at the end of the trip, an additional $300 is also due.
- Team members may continue to raise funds until 10 days after the trip end date to recoup any personal funds paid on the April 10, 2016 Deadline.
- After the I AM ART trip, when financial balances are settled, Athentikos will reimburse any funds up to the total cost, personally submitted by team members to make up for fundraising shortages on April 2016 when total cost was due.
Base Cost = $1000 + airfare
You don’t have to pay for this out of pocket. Athentikos assists you in fundraising as a 501c3 non-profit.
- Equipping and Mentoring
- Fundraising Platform
- Food & lodging for 7 days during camp
- Transportation in country
- Admin fee
In addition, team members are responsible for:
- Airfare (varies depending on location of origin – Average is $700)
- 6 Meals in Antigua, Guatemala during team building weekend (as low as $5 to $10 /each).
- Materials needed for Creative Workshops (Athentikos provides basic materials, cost for specialized materials varies. Special materials may be donated or personally provided).
- Background Check (cost varies – as low as $30 through our program. Potentially free if you have a background check completed by local law enforcement.)
- Optional excursion cost is approximately $300 and includes
- 7 meals